Published on October 11th, 2014 | by Noppes147
This mod allows you to add custom npcs to your world and is mostly aimed at creative players who want more interactive worlds. If you have any question feel free to ask them add the Custom NPCs Thread, but be sure to read the Frequently Asked Questions first.
Things you might want to know
- Before updating to a new version always backup your world
- When closing minecraft be sure to save your world before exiting (esc -> Save and Quit). If you dont your latest changes might not be saved properly
- You can add skins to the .minecraft/customnpcs/assets/customnpcs/textures folder or put them in your resource pack in the assets/customnpcs folder
- You can make npcs shoot things by putting an item in the shoot slot in the inventory. You will need to increase his attack range to a shooting range: 10 is default for skeletons, 2 is melee range.
- Bigger Npcs need a larger attack range else they might only walk into players.
- Cloned npcs are saved in the .minecraft/customnpcs/clones.dat, you can share them with others as long as they are on the same version as you
- You can equip blocks as helmets
- Put your sounds in the .minecraft/customnpcs/assets/customnpcs/sounds folder
- In the .minecraft/customnpcs/assets/customnpcs is a sounds.json. Open it with a text editor
- This sounds.json is how songs are added to resource packs like: this
- If you are still unclear how to add sounds to the sounds.json, there are plenty of videos and tutorials about it. Like this video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8jXLhhiaKWQ